Wednesday, August 24, 2005

ALI G, PAMELA ANDERSON AND THE VILLAGE PEOPLE
http://www.news24.com/News24/Backpage/HotGossip/0,,2-1343-1344_1758474,00.html

I can think of a lot of things that I might do to Pamela Anderson, but rugby tackling her would rank pretty low on that list.
What exactly is a "Village People-style cap?" Each member has his own distinctive head apparel. I'll just assume that they're referring to leather man, even though you know what they say about people who assume. And that could be especially risky while in the vicinity of the Village People. I bought the Village People's Cruisin' album when I was 13 and didn't realize the homosexual themes involved with it. I used to play it at my grandmother's house, and she obviously didn't either. Years later I saw a picture disc version of Cruisin' in a record store bargain bin for two dollars. I bought it and put it up on my office wall. It made a nice conversation piece.
You've got to like how Ali G made his entrance.
Thanks to Tima Steinberg for the link.

np Wide Mouth Mason - Shot Down Satellites (It's a bit more alternative-leaning than past material and I like it more, but I'm still not much of a fan.)

No comments: